Sunday 5 October 2014

Grey Cap


Grey Cap, Charcoal on Paper, 15" X 11" 
I have not done charcoal for a while now. Did this one today morning from a small photo I had taken with my phone. I think the best part of charcoal is that one need not worry about colour and can concentrate on getting the values perfectly right. I am never too confident with my colour and prefer to atleast stay loyal to the values. Its precisely for this that charcoal is a relief for me after a series of failed paintings ;)

3 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Vinayak, this is wonderful. Your talent is quite evident. I can't see how anything you do would fail. As I read somewhere and I told my grandson this, "I did not fail, I learned what does not work." It makes everything a positive experience.

Studio at the Farm said...

It is such a strong, striking work, Vinayak! And I love your comments below the drawing - I believe we all feel the same way.
Katrhyn

Vinayak Deshmukh said...

Thank you so much Carol, this is surely a nice way to look at our efforts :)
Thank you Kathryn, I hope this block gets over soon :)