Thursday 25 June 2015

Tikkar Billa II


Tikkar Billa II, Another Game of Hopscotch, Oil on Canvas, 36" X 24"
This is perhaps one of my largest and most ambitious works yet. I have made use of several reference photos, a dozen pencil sketches and a couple of oil sketches done to resolve the facial features and the light and shadow. I am not exactly happy with the way her skirt has turned out. Perhaps I need to practise painting drapery more in my still lives. They say painting folds of cloth is a difficult job, now I know why ;)
Thank you so much for stopping by. Comments and critiques please ......
Please do point out the areas where you feel improvement can be made.

1 comment:

Carol Blackburn said...

Hello Vinayak, it's wonderful. The skirt looks fine. I've had difficulty with painting folds of cloth too. You are absolutely right in saying it's quite difficult and needs lots of practice.